Just Launched: Prosciutto di Parma
Talia di Napoli has just launched its first meat topping--Prosciutto di Parma through our partnership with Fratelli Galloni, and we couldn't be more excited. For the first time ever, you'll be able to get salty tender melt-in-your mouth prosciutto straight from Italy right inside your box of handmade Neapolitan pizzas! How does this work and why is it especially awesome? Read on..
What is an add-on and how is it different from other Talia toppings?
Our add-ons are quite literally products that can be added onto a pizza pack, rather than being purchased for sale individually, and the product would come in the same box as your pizzas. While it's a lot easier to receive your pizzas and toppings in one delivery, the purchase process may take some getting used to. Below is a simple guide to ordering your first pizza pack with prosciutto:
- Add any pizza pack of 6+ pizzas to your cart (so no samplers). HOT TIP: we recommend the Taste of Talia to taste test all the flavors with the prosciutto.
- Once the pizza pack is in your cart, you will see a section appear below your items titled "finish making your pizza," with the option to add the prosciutto. Click the ADD button
- The prosciutto will then be added to your pizza pack at the top off your cart. The bottom section will disappear.
What else should I know about this Prosciutto di Parma add-on?
- Like all of our toppings and pizza ingredients, the Prosciutto di Parma is sourced and aged 20 months in Italy (specifically, Langhirano)
- The prosciutto comes as a 2-pack. Each pack contains 7 slices each of buttery smooth, savory, salty yet somehow a bit sweet Prosciutto di Parma.
- The 2-pack will come in your box of pizzas inside an insulated envelope. It may be frozen. This is absolutely fine. To store, simply put in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat it.
- HOT TIP #2: For the yummiest Talia experience, put room temperature prosciutto on a Talia pizza as soon as it comes out of the oven!
- For now, you can only purchase (1) 2-pack of prosciutto per pizza pack you order, but we may change this depending on how the launch goes!
How does this change Talia di Napoli?
Prosciutto di Parma is the first step we are taking in making your pizza experience more customizable and even more authentic. Instead of offering you a pizza from Italy, we're offering you additional pieces of our culture in the form of deliciousness as well. If you like the sound (and the taste) of this, make sure you're subscribed to our email and text message lists, because you'll be hearing from us sooner or later about what else you can add onto your pizzas soon..